Thursday, August 4, 2011

Travelogue of my trip to Georgia (break)


It should be noted, before I go any further, that none of my bitching should reflect negatively on either my lovely sister Renee' or her lovely new husband Jake. They were very gracious hosts and my sister went out of her way to try and line up stuff that I wanted to do while I was down there.
I casually tossed out how I would like to shoot a gun, since I've never done that. I figured, "While I'm in the South..." They are big on shooting guns in the South, in case you were not aware.
Everyone is aware that people in the South like to shoot guns, fine. But were you aware that they liked it enough to support shooting ranges in shopping plazas? Right next door to the Piggly Wiggly? Were you? I was not. But they are and do and am.
Anyway, my sister was like, "Oh. You wanna shoot a gun? Hold on. Let me figure that out for you while I am in the process of getting married and trying to visit with people and be a new bride."
I didn't ask her to try to figure it out, but she did anyway. She is awesome.
I was not able to shoot a gun, though. Not her fault at all. I have some leftover... issues... on my record and they don't let people like me touch guns. Not legally anyway.
But, it's the thought that counts and she tried.
This is just a small example of how my sister is awesome. Pictured here is another example. Go, new married people! GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment