Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Travelogue of my trip to Georgia 2

There isn't going to be any kind of chronology followed for these posts about my trip to Georgia. I'm just going to write about stuff as it occurs to me.
This just occurred to me.
On the way back, we decided to stop for the night in some town in Virginia. I don't know which town it was and it doesn't matter anyway. I'm not sure if even the people who lived there could tell you where it was.
As we were driving up 95, we were looking at the millions of billboards that line the road. We were looking for a hotel with and indoor pool, because indoor pools are relaxing and we all needed to do some of that. We located a Holiday Inn that met the criteria and pulled in for the night.
Bonus! Not only was there an indoor pool, there was also an indoor Jacuzzi. Nice. This would be perfect. I was going to chill in the hot tub and disregard any oxymoron inherent in the statement.
After we checked in, the girls went off to locate the pool only to come back to inform us that they would not be using the pool because it smelled chlorine-y in there. I was like, man, you guys will complain about just anything, won't you? Of course there's going to be a chlorine smell where there's an indoor pool, but you just deal with it. It's not bad and soon you don't even notice it.
If the girls were not going to enjoy the indoor swimming facilities, that wasn't going to stop my wife and I. We headed down and proceeded to relax-ify in the tub of hot.
We relaxed if this is what you look like when you relax:

There was a lot of chlorine in the hot tub. There was a lot of chlorine in the hot tub. Boy. Boy was there a lot of chlorine in the hot tub. There was enough chlorine in the hot tub to dissolve a frying pan. Why a frying pan? You ever try to dissolve a frying pan with chlorine? It takes a lot.
I asked the man at the front desk why there was so much chlorine in the hot tub. He said there had recently been a squirrel gang war in the hot tub and that all the squirrels who had killed each other and bled all over the inside of the hot tub had squirrel AIDS and they were trying to knock it down with chlorine.
I thought that was reasonable.

Some of this might not have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment