Monday, August 15, 2011

Travelogue of my trip to Georgia 10


What is it?
What do you mean, "What is it?"
It's a box full of motherf***ing machetes is what it is! What do you think it is!?

Here we are visiting the Dirt Mall again. I say again in the sense that you and I are revisiting my visit to the Dirt Mall again, not that I am visiting the Dirt Mall again.
For those of you who don't know or who may have forgotten, which, I guess, is the same as don't know, Dirt Mall is what my lovely sister Renee' and her lovely husband Jake call their local flea market.
I was going to talk more about the flea market last time I was talking about the flea market, but got all caught up talking about my fried Twinkie and how much I loved my fried Twinkie, but I won't make that mistake again.
At the Dirt Mall, you can buy all kinds of things, including, if you were so inclined, a whole box of machetes. You could also purchase some mace or a stun gun.
Sadly, not THIS stun gun:

THAT is a stun gun embedded in a set of smash you in the face knuckles. I would purchase such a combination. You know. As art.
Although you could not purchase this most awesome amalgam of hurting things, you could purchase a stun gun, as noted, and one of a selection of hundreds of brass knuckles. You could then also purchase a package of 15 rolls of duct tape and slap the two things together to make your own.
One thing you could not purchase, however, no matter how much you wanted to, was counterfeit products. They just did not sell counterfeit products there. There were signs everywhere that proved the fact.
WE BETTER NOT SEE ANY COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS HERE AT OUR FLEA MARKET! WE WILL JUST NOT ABIDE THE SELLING OF ITEMS THAT COULD BE DESCRIBED AS OR REFERRED TO, IN ANY WAY, AS COUNTERFEIT AT ALL! NO! NO SIR!!
But, what is "counterfeit" anyway? Isn't it kind gray term? Sort of open to interpretation?
Actually it isn't at all, however, it turns out it is!
At the Dirt Mall you could by sneakers that look like this:

But with names like Coverse, Ale Stair, ConAir, Airverse, All Air Constar and Conallstarverseall.
You could by electronic products by SQNY and pants made by LEV15.
But nothing counterfeit.
And in case you missed it, you could buy box full of motherf***ing machetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment